Tuesday, October 18, 2011

12 Week Program - Day 1 (10-18-11)

Hello friends, I know its been a very long time since I've posted anything on this blog. Today I started a brand new program and so I am going to be putting up what I do and tips regarding what to eat / when to eat, a long with the workouts themselves.

Now I am going to be completely honest I am a little hesitant with starting this program because it actually goes against what I have come to believe is the right way to lift. Everyone has there different opinions and different things work for different people. This program involves A LOT of different things including use of machines and isolation movements (never ever ever been a fan of "machines".. if you read past posts you will see me curse them to high heaven) .. There is also going to be super sets (which I have always found very effective). There are going to be "giant sets" or "tri sets", some people call them different names. There is also going to be "drop sets" involved. This is just a preview of what is to come over the next 12 weeks.

This program was developed by Kris Gethin. Just Google him or now a days people can just Facebook people to find out more information about anyone. I don't honestly feel like putting up his background information. But after doing research on this particular program and seeing the results that people have gotten from it; I've decided to try it out and go against what I have traditionally believed in what to do in the gym.

Ok here is what I did this morning to start day 1 of this program. I encourage you to give it a try and follow the workouts as they are listed. If you have any questions about the lifts or anything including timing (rest periods) ..what type of cardio..what time to workout, etc..just send me a message via facebook or email. Good Luck to you guys.. lets get to work :)


Day 1: Legs


Cardio: 20 minutes (get the metabolism going and blood pumping)


Leg Press : 3-5 warm up sets of 12 reps. 3 sets to failure (10 - 12 reps)


Hamstring Curl : 2 warm up sets of 15 reps. 3 sets to failure ( 10 - 12 reps)


Lying Hamstring Curl : 2 warm up sets of 10 - 12 reps. 3 sets to failure (10 - 12 reps)


Leg Extension : 2 warm up sets of 15-20 reps. 2 sets to failure (10 - 12 reps)


Hack Squats : 2 warm up sets of 15-20 reps. 3 sets to failure (15 - 30 reps)


Cardio : 20 minutes ( cool down your body with some form of low intense cardio..this could be walking at a medium pace or a light jog) 








During the workout I only rested 1-2 minutes max in between each set..sometimes I took that full 2 minutes because going to failure which I have not been a fan of in the past really makes you exhausted. Work hard and give it everything you got if you wanna see the results. Get in Get out and Get on with your life.

--Here is a new song I found that really gets you pumped up for a workout..listen to this a few times on the way to your local gym and get focused....enjoy.



-AP

No comments:

Post a Comment