Monday, January 24, 2011

High Intensity Interval Training

 A HIIT workout will help you lose up to 9 times more fat than a similar cardio workout.


This site will help explain a little more of what H.I.I.T is for beginners. 


http://www.intervaltraining.net/index.html


Tonight I did an HIIT cardio workout to help speed up the fat loss process. I didnt do my advanced workout but I did this one.


Walk for 2 min. (3-3.5mph)


Sprint 1 min. (8mph)


Walk for 2 min. (3-3.5mph)


Sprint 1 min. (8mph)


Walk for 2 min. (3-3.5mph)


Sprint 1 min. (8mph)


Walk for 2 min. (3-3.5mph)


Sprint 1 min. (8mph)


Walk for 2 min. (3-3.5mph)


Sprint 1 min. (8mph)


Walk for 2 min. (3-3.5mph)


Sprint 1 min. (8mph)


Walk for 2 min. (3-3.5mph)


Total Time = 20 minutes 


Thats can be called a 2x1 Session. In the future I will be doing a 1x1. Where I will sprint for 1 min and then jog/walk for 1 min. Also the speed will be faster at least 9-10mph. 


This will shred your body fat so much faster than doing 60 min of the elliptical or treadmill. What would you rather do? 20 minutes of cardio or 60 minutes and get around the same results?!? 


After this I did a little bit more of core work. 


Planks - 3x1 minute


Reverse Crunches - 2x20


After this I decided to do the dreaded stair master (the ultimate ass kicker)


I did 80 steps per minute for 12 minutes, I was pretty drenched in sweat at the end of this.


Remember to stretch before and after any cardio exercises ! I dont believe I stretched enough after my workout tonight because my groin is TIGHT! 


Well that is all for Day 8 ladies and gentlemen. I hope you did something productive day and got better.


Goodnight ... 5:30am isn't to far away


AP


Start doing H.I.I.T and you will see these kind of results sooner than you think.





No comments:

Post a Comment