Monday, February 14, 2011

Chest and Back - 2/14/11

It's Monday already and here is today's workout. We are going to SuperSet chest and back today.

Warm Up with a fast paced walk for 15 minutes.

~ ~ ~ Stretch ~ ~ ~

A1 - Barbell Bench Press - 1 warm up set of 6-8 reps then 3x6 working sets
w/
A2 - Back Rows - 3x8

*While resting in between supersets do PLANKS for 1 minute. So do 3x1 minute for planks. THEN rest for 1 minute (changing weight on bench press) then begin next superset.* I want you to rest for a full minute after your planks because I want you to be as intense as you can on your bench press.* (If you have any questions about what I mean, just shoot me a message on here or Facebook.)

B1 - Dead Lifts - 3x8
w/
B2 - Dips 3x12

*While resting in between supersets do HANGING KNEE RAISES 20 times. So you will be doing 3x20 for Hanging Knee Raises in between your supersets.* Example: Dead Lift 8 reps..then do 12 Body Weight Dips..then do 20 Hanging Knee Raises while you are "Resting" for your 60-90 seconds then repeat superset 3 times total.

Arnold doing some DIPS


I hope I'm not too confusing what I mean. I am just wanting you to do core work during your rest period between supersets.

C1 - Decline Dumbbell Bench Press - 3x10
w/
C2 - Pull Ups - 3x10

*This time after you do your 10 decline DB bench press reps, I want you to do 20 decline crunches immediately after the bench press. Then go and do your 10 Pull Ups then rest for 60-90 seconds and repeat superset 3 times.*

YOUR DONE.

- Now to finish off the workout I want you to do 15 spider man crunches.

- Then do normal push ups to failure 4 times. So do as many push ups as you can till you cant lift yourself off the floor. Then rest for 60-90 seconds then do as many as you can again to failure. Do this 4 total times.

Warning: I will tell you that the above workout may give you the feeling that you need to throw up. This feeling will go away once you start getting in better shape and your conditioning gets better. This also may have to do with what you are eating the day before you workout. If you are eating pizza and drinking beer the day before you are not going to feel well half way through the workout. Remember to be INTENSE and work as hard as you can and get better with each and every rep.


Later today I am going to begin the "Insanity" workout series for my cardio.

AP

No comments:

Post a Comment